Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The S-word

Morning weigh-in: 174#, 10% BF

Rode tonight after work with Greg and Rich, lightning pace at Sals. I felt better than I did Sunday, and way better than last Wednesday's Sals ride, but I can tell I'm still tired. I also think I have a sinus problem a-building, which I'm handling with Mucinex. (Sudden weight loss, fatigue, colds: it all adds up to overtraining, which, in the absence of any recent formal "training," is probably just the aftermath of PPRAC. It beats the other reason some of my friends are tired lately -- there seems to be an epidemic of Lyme Disease among Lehigh Valley mountain bikers right now, especially those frequenting Sals and South Mountain. DEET is your friend.)

The Situationists: Still reading Babylon's Burning, and finally -- though you could feel it building to this -- someone finally mentioned the S-word. Situationist.

No comments: