Monday, July 10, 2006

Wow, Monday Already!

Morning weigh-in: 180#, 12% BF
Morning blood pressure: 120/78

Not much posting here, very busy lately -- also, the weigh-ins were a little discouraging...

So what's up? Well, on the Linux front I've been playing with C, learning how to deal with libraries; my specific goal was to figure out the GNU "readline" library function, which I think I've accomplished. On the family front, I was at a picnic at my parents' house on Saturday, my brothers and their families, plus many family members, like cousins and their kids etc, as well as some old friends from the neighborhood. On the bike, there's been a few rides, including a road ride (15 miles but it killed me), a towpath ride (lotsa damage from the floods, but it was rideable), and a ride yesterday at Sals (with Joe G and a few others, this time starting from that new lot). On the friends front I went with Brian to Mary M's Heritage Day party last night, though Easton canceled the fireworks.

Yogi vs Boo-Boo: One other thing I've been up to is, I decided to take up yoga. I went down to Easton Yoga on Saturday morning, signed up for some classes and took one that day. I was a little worried about my foot, and was ready to skip the beginner class and take "restorative yoga" (for injured/disabled people) later in the week, but I did just fine in the regular class. I figure this'll help with both flexibility and blood pressure, as well as getting my friend Bill ("you gotta take a yoga class!") off my back...

Meantime, I have about 25 photos that are ready to be posted, and I have another 100 still in the camera. I may post the 25 tonight, but I'll also be taking a yoga class (or hitting the gym) and then going to Which Brew for the Mug Club dinner, so we'll see.

No comments: