Monday, June 05, 2006

Anyway, The Weekend

Morning weigh-in: 177.5#, 11.5% BF

Boy, this weekend was like being shot out of a cannon...

Friday night I went to bed early, like 9:00, because I was getting up Saturday at 2:30 AM, to be on the road by 3:30 AM for a 4:30 arrival at Deer Park, where I would be helping my friends run the 12 O'Muchy 12-hour race. Which is exactly what I did, except I also had to get up at midnignt for my scheduled IV infusion.

I got to the Deer Park just about 4:45, and things started to really happen about 5:30. Long, long day... Brian raced (solo, kicked butt); Rich, Doug & Lori, and I helped the W2 people (ie Bob & Karen and Kris & Karin) with check-in and scoring; and it poured for a good portion of the day -- the race went from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, but many racers, especially solos, stopped early due to mechanical failures, and I left around 4:00 because I was worried about my ankle.

Got home, IV infusion, went to bed, got up at midnight for another infusion, then slept through until morning.

Sunday morning was internet playtime, plus a few errands. I ate breakfast at Coffee Works, but that odd guy Charley was working so I didn't really linger. In the afternoon I helped Eric & Kris with some PPRAC fundraising at Wal-Mart. Brian was also there, so I congratulated him on his awesome race.

Got home, did more computer play, plus laundry, Taco Hell dinner in between more errands, back to the 'puter, last infusion, bedtime. I was whooped, even though it seemed that the majority of my weekend time was spent sleeping.

One of the things I was playing with was gcc's FORTRAN compiler. I wrote a small program, which seemed to compile & link OK but generated a whole bunch of arcane runtime errors -- which was fine by me, I'd forgotten how much of a dog FORTRAN is, and that just gave me the incentive to walk away without getting any fleas...

No comments: