Friday, May 19, 2006

Sensitivity

Morning weigh-in: 177.5#, 12% BF

More Good News from the Medical Front: The infectious disease doctor says my blood tests are looking good. So things are moving along.

While I was there, I asked the doctor if what I had was in fact MRSA, the "superbug." He said no, I have MSSA (methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus) or ordinary Staph, so luck broke my way in at least that instance. Strangely enough, there was a big breakthrough the other day, the discovery of an MRSA-killing antibiotic. Looks like I won't be volunteering for any clinical trials...

Bad News on the Kitchen Front: I'm not sure if it was because my crock pot runs too hot on the higher setting (must get meat thermometer & find out), or if it was just because I forgot to add water, but the Bavarian Pot Roast got kind of dried out -- I even have burned stuff in the bottom of the pot. It still tasted good though, which is good because I have a lot left. I toss in a lot of extra stuff that's not in the original recipe (celery & carrots, potatoes etc), and the potatoes were golden-yellow inside, so I think they sucked up all the moisture from the sauerkraut.

After dinner I just hung out at home, played with the computer. Tonight is the Which Brew "thank you " party for investors, and tomorrow is the regular Mug Club annual party. I'm going to both of course, but -- sigh...

No comments: