Monday, May 29, 2006

New Gadget Alert

Happy Memorial Day! Here and here are some appropriate links.

Well, I actually did get out of the house yesterday, but not until about 4:00. What happened was, I decided to check out eMusic, ended up getting a trial membership, then browsing and downloading a bunch of songs. First song I got was Fugazi's "Waiting Room" -- I can see myself becoming a pain in the ass over this, listening to it had me up on my feet, pumping my fist and punching the air... Some Bad Brains, Beat Happening, a few other things (yes, Neko Case is good), then I had to deal with my monkey 4:00 antibiotic infusion...

Anyway, got out and did a 2 hour hike along the Lehigh. Like Saturday I parked at the new public boat launch, but this time walked east along the riverside singletrack; I turned around at the Chain Dam. Plenty o'pictures both days, I'll probably post the good ones in a day or two.

Speaking of pictures: That graph of my blog is now my second most viewed image on Flickr and moving up fast, probably because it's part of a currently popular set of images -- can you say "buzz tag?" Oh well, that's show biz... I also noticed, and this started a few days ago, that my cast photo has been getting a lot of hits, as well as the Halloween shot Judy M as bare-midriff Jeannie, and those "girls gone wild" photos. Come for the ankle, stay for the hotties...

I'm out of here (really!) in a few minutes; as soon as my laundry is done I'm taking it out to the laundromat for drying, and will walk around downtown while it tumbles. I've got chili bubbling in the crockpot for a bit of Memorial Day potluck at Greg & Judy's, but that's later, hope it stays nice.

By the way: the new gadget isn't mine yet, nor do I even know exactly what I want yet, but I think I'll be getting an MP3 player soon, or maybe an iPod. Some research is required, stay tuned (sorry, couldn't help it).

Drive a stake into the river, cap it with a bone...

No comments: