Saturday, January 07, 2006

Weekend Update

Morning weigh-in: 179#, 12.5% BF

Not bad, but then again I did a towpath ride last night -- therefore there might be a bit of "suppression" in that figure -- and I also skipped going out -- therefore no "inflation." That's why I'm posting today even thought it's the weekend, doing a bit of bragging. Also, if things go back up by Monday (yes, I'm going out tonight), I'll at least have this weight documented.

Good day today: Slept in until 9:00, coffee shop for breakfast, killer workout at the gym (no Dawn: she has pinkeye), errands and a haircut; now I'm going to pick up a prescription, then work on my bike for tomorrow's ride. After that...

RIP: strange day today in the NY Times obits. I saw Lou Rawls there, and also Hugh Thompson (helicopter pilot who stopped the My Lai Massacre), and Yao Wenyuan (last surviving member of the Gang of Four), and Barry Cowsill (played in a band that was the inspiration for "The Partridge Family;" his post-Katrina remains were finally identified). I couldn't help thinking that they all seemed connected, as if it were a snapshot of "this is where we are today."

No comments: