Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Long And Winding Road

Morning weigh-in: 182#, 5.5% BF

Looks like I've been backtracking on my path to weight loss. Not too worried; yesterday was sort of written off anyway & there was also a bit of "bounceback from the exercise-suppressed low weight" going on... Dinner was salad and hot wings (plus two Magic Hat #9's) at the WB; exercise was a two mile run -- the road bike had a flat, which I discovered just as I was about to ride. Since I did laundry and messed with the computer beforehand, it was getting too late to both fix the tire and do a ride -- and I didn't want to ride offroad in the recent muck, so I wasn't switching bikes -- I dropped back and punted with the running option, which has the added bonus of taking less time.

I still managed to arrive at Which Brew kind of late, maybe 9:00 -- that's not really late for me, but I caught Brian just as he was getting ready to leave. He stuck around for one more beer & a little BS while I ate my salad, then took off. I was out of there quickly myself, didn't stay too late after eating, and I was home by 10:30.

Linux Voyager: I've been playing with ssh and scp lately, and now I'm looking again at GnuPG. Something in the air is making me think a lot about security and encryption...

No comments: