Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Tell Me Somethin' Good

Morning weigh-in: 178#, 10.5% BF

Annual review at work yesterday, another good one (as per usual)... Worked late on a rush job, then went home feeling hungry & tired. I was supposed to run out to Staples (shipping replacement Xmas present), felt sooo tired I almost blew it off, but after eating a bowl of cereal I went anyway, saying to myself I'll blow off everything else (laundry, running, healthy food) to just do that one errand and then eat at Which Brew. Felt so good about my decision (and my performance evaluation) I decided to reward myself & bought a USB pen drive while I was at the store.

Cue "New Toy:" One gigabyte of flash memory -- that's about a thousand floppies, remember them? -- fits in my pocket or hangs around my neck lke a locket, connects to any modern computer. Cost me a little less than $60. Got it home; it was trivially easy to set up and use, but now it was like 9:45. I decided to run anyway but was running out of time if I wanted to eat out.

I ran, and I felt good even though I got a face full of rain/snow, and I really didn't feel hungry when I finished; though I would have liked to go down & check out the WB scene, I stayed in and played with the new toy. Of course, there's not much to do with a pen drive: I put some files on it, took some files off, checked the capacity, moved things from one USB drive (the camera's memory card, mounted through the printer) to the other, yadda yadda.

This morning the scale had a present for me...

No comments: