Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Battle Is Joined

Morning weigh-in: 182#, 10% BF

This diet thing seems to be stuck a little, looks like I'll have to go into double-secret overdrive... Had tempeh & veggies stir-fry last night, with another Summer Blonde, then totally crashed, still way tired from Sunday. Funny, that was my weeknight ride in the summer, no big deal, got it done in under three hours (racing daylight) but the other day it took about 5.

Tonight I'm working late, then it's laundry & groceries, plus a few errands (I may also buy a pen drive); don't know what dinner will be but exercise will be a run.

By the way, after Sunday's ride -- where I ended pretty strong, standing sprint up 19th St -- some dude in a pickup followed me into the alley, stopped & called me over when I got to my house. I thought "uh-oh, pissed somebody off," but no, he was a neighbor, saw me riding and wanted to know where I rode. I explained Sals to him (talked to him like he was a beginner), he said he knew it, but had only been there once. He also said he races Sport, and rides with Rob Lichtenwalner a few times a week, and was OK with riding to Sals to do a ride. We exchanged numbers; it looks like I have a riding/training partner! Back to "uh-oh" though: if he's hanging with Rob and racing, he's probably a pretty strong rider.

No comments: