Friday, January 20, 2006

Counting Down To Imbolc

Morning weigh-in: 180.5#, 10% BF

It's staying light out a little later now; getting out of work happens in late afternoon rather than sunset or dark. Golden afternoon sunlight yesterday; I decided to go home via Portal Road, Asbury and Harmony Township (what the heck, I have a new clutch & can get up the hills again), and also stop in at Merril Creek.

After crossing Rt 57 and as I headed up into the Harmony hills, I caught a view of one hilltop with sunlight on it. Reminded me of the phrase "from pent-up aching rivers" but that might have been because I was listening to "Bittersweet Symphony." (It did also remind me of the parts in Gravity's Rainbow about sunsets, aching purity begging to be defiled, foundry colors in the sky, thine alabaster cities...)

Anyway, got to Merril Creek Reservoir about 4:55, saw the sign that they close at 5:00, and the sun was going down, so I just walked in a little bit, took the picture to the right with my cameraphone. On the way out I saw some deer, but on the way in... ahhh, on the way in I saw a coyote! At least, I think I saw a coyote, it slunk off pretty quickly.

Dinner was noodle salad, exercise was the gym. Tonight I'll probably be singlespeeding on the towpath.

No comments: