Monday, September 19, 2005

Wow, Monday Vortex

Morning weigh-in: 174#, 8.5% BF

Body fluids still low... It's been an eventful weekend, possibly why I'm now sick at home instead of work...

RIP Les Korcsmaros: Les was the guy who crashed the van on the PPRAC ride. He broke his leg and had other, semi-minor injuries requiring surgery, but his weak heart couldn't take it -- they had to close him up, put him in an induced coma, and wait until his condition stabilized to finish the surgery. His condition never did stabilize; he passed away, without ever waking up, on Friday. Goodbye Les, you were alright.

Anyway... the name of the band Thursday night was Odd Mercy. Very good show. No riding or other exercise Thursday or Friday.

Saturday was the gym, then a trip to Englishtown for my mom's birthday. Mom, Dad, my brother Chris & his wife Tara, and their son Chris. Nice dinner, birthday cake.

Sunday I got up late, intending to kick back, but it was so nice I went out on the Turner, got brunch at Coffee Works, went to Genesis to buy tubes & found out that it was "Bike to Brunch Day" at Hugh Moore Park so I went there, then rode to Sals & did a very abbreviated loop. Despite all the food, I felt like I was bonking on the ride home.

After that I got ready and went to Megan's going-away party over at Art's house. Very nice, lots of fun, which became craziness as Megan's college, high school and work girlfriends started getting rowdy... Waterballoon fights, dirty dancing and chickenfights, these people keep me feeling young, but also make me feel old...

Burning the candle at both ends while fighting illness, not a good idea -- I now have that vertigo pretty bad, feels like sinus situation developing as well, going to the doctor in about an hour. Strangely enough, this weekend was packed with about a half dozen other things that I blew off: that RCST Bash, the race at Bear Creek, the Hillier Than Thou road century... mother of all schedule conflicts.

No comments: