Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I'm Feeling Much Better Now

Morning weigh-in: 175#, 3.5% BF (WTF?)

Had very little to eat yesterday, just a turkey sub but I did drink lots of water, so I was very surprised by that body fat number -- in reality it's probably 12%-15% but my scale measures electrical resistance in the legs, and I interpret low numbers as a sign of dehydration. I've been trying to get that number up, drinking a lot of water lately.

Meantime, the doctor visit. I already feel better. He put me on non-steroidal anti-inflammatory stuff for my wrist & told me to get a wrist brace, wear it especially while riding (hi Karen!), then got yet another nasal spray to open my blocked eustachian tubes, and antibiotics for whatever germs are living in my ear. Like I might have mentioned, I feel better already.

Reading: Just finished Cormac McCarthy's No Country For Old Men, and I'm about to start The Kite Runner.

No comments: