Thursday, February 24, 2005

Bronchitis! Woo Hoo!

Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 177#, 11.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Wednesday) 177.5#, 8.5% BF (say what?)

Woke up around 1:00 AM Tuesday, couldn't stop coughing, coughing so hard I'd gag, etc, lasted until around 6:00. I skipped work, slept all day and went to the doctor at 5:30. Bronchitis: antibiotics, cough supressant, decongestant. I also asked for and got a new prescription for Astelin spray -- normally I get this when I got to the doctor but it's always "no refills," and I would like to be on it permanently, it's the best stuff I've found yet for my nose. Looked online, saw no long term side-effects (was worried that this might be why I could only get it occasionally), asked the doctor and he said "no problem, here you go."

After that I went to the "Salisbury Trailbuilding Summit" in Bethlehem. Met Doug & Eric for dinner at Tulum, then walked over to the Wildflower Cafe to meet everyone else. (Nice place, really crunchy coffeeshop in Southside Bethlehem, right around the corner from 3rd Street Chicken & Ribs.) The meeting was pretty fruitful, I think we all came away with a consensus of what needs to be done, what we'd like to do first, what we'd like to see in the way of trails, etc. Things look good for Salisbury... We also talked a little bit about Jim Thorpe, possibly doing some work up there in the near future, fix the ice-storm damage.

Tonight is another early bedtime.

No comments: