Tuesday, July 06, 2004

post-Indie Day

Morning weigh-in (Mon): 172.5#, 10% BF
Morning weigh-in (Tue): 172.5#, 13% BF

So, the holiday weekend...

Friday night: blew off riding to play with the computer. I put some of my recent digital photos onto the hard drive, then experimented with some command-line image manipulation utilities, mainly pnmscale. I'd like to keep my photos in the big (~800K) format, but make smaller copies for posting on the web; I'm also trying to find formats other than JPEG, that I can use for interim storage (ie, between bouts of "image manipulation") that don't cause a loss of image quality...

In other news, I set up a Yahoo group account for my family (mainly to get them to join Yahoo so we can share photos better), we'll see how that works out. And one final geek-out: I sent the $36 one-time fee to the Super Dimension Fortress via PayPal, now I have a full account on their machine w/ 300MB storage and access to the full set of UNIX commands. First thing I did was change my shell to bash.

Late-nite dinner at Which Brew, which was quiet.

Saturday I had breakfast at the coffee shop, then went to the gym; I saw Dawn for the first time in about a month -- she just got back from her honeymoon, with many stories including her own lost luggage tale. I spent most of the rest of the day cleaning the house: took a bunch of garbage bags full of old clothes to the charity dropoff, threw out a pile of old boxes, and cashed in all my loose change lying around. The place still looks like a disaster area -- worse than when I started, actually -- but progress was definitely made.

Dinner was Which Brew, again.

Sunday was the July 4th road ride and barbecue. The ride was about 70 miles, hilly, and hot -- a beautiful ride! About fifteen people did the long ride, the usual suspects plus John C, Tiasha, and Chris from the Bulldogs; a few others did shorter rides. We met back at Joe's mom's house, big BBQ, pool party, major fireworks... Theresa came later with Connor, & that was pretty cool because there were a bunch of kids he played with.

Monday: I sort of slacked, but dropped my bike box off at Doug's for his use on their upcoming trip to Vail. We grabbed lunch in Bethlehem at that Mexican place on Main Street, then hit a CD store. I got an Echo & the Bunnymen re-release and the soundtrack to O Brother where Art Thou? Not sure what Doug got but it was good.

I became kind of energetic later in the day: cleaned/lubed the Turner, then rode down the Delaware towpath -- something I hadn't done in years -- to just past Riegelsville and back, maybe 30-35 miles total. On the way back, I stopped at the Raubsville Tavern (you ride right past the outdoor bar) and got a margarita and a Lynchburg Lemonade -- wow!

After the ride I stopped off at T's and watched The Big Lebowski.

No comments: