Wednesday, July 07, 2004

the bounceback

Morning weigh-in: 175.5#, 9.5% BF

I set up a yahoo photo page here for my public photos. Still not sure how big I should make them: I want the best possible quality & yahoo's storage space is "unlimited," but bandwidth, on dialup at home, is not. Also, uploading to yahoo is a big pain unless I find a way to automate the process.

My current strategy should be, to set up galleries of "good enough for the web" image files at SDF, then put the bigger image files at yahoo, where they also have photo ordering features -- like, who doesn't at this point?

Felt tired, somewhat under the weather again last night -- possible food allergy from lunch? Worked late, got home & took a nap, then ate a falafel wrap and some Taco Hell & played with 'puter. I felt much better after eating the greasy bad food...

UPDATE: Thought I'd mention what I'm reading: One Man's Meat by E. B. White (Charlottes's Web, The Elements of Style -- that E. B. White). Wry and clever urban writer relocates to a Maine coastal farm in the late 1930's, writes essays about his experiences that are later collected in book form. I wouldn't call it great because it wasn't meant to be "great" (its tone is casual & informal) but it is thoughtful, clear, vivid, compelling... in a word, well, great.

No comments: