Friday, March 15, 2013

Killed To Make A Lenten Holiday

Just a quick note between bites on my tuna sandwich: I managed to not burn the house down last night, but then I also forgot to eat dinner... I went out on a windy towpath ride after work, then got so absorbed in some internet genealogy -- I think I found my mom's paternal grandmother's baptism records, among other things -- that I got nothing else done. I'm now obsessing over the kettle: did I turn it off after making coffee?

We get out of work today a bit early, so I should be able to start and end tonight's ride in daylight. After that it's time to party.

2 comments:

HMK said...

My grandmother Margaret O'Dea had a sister who became a nun & went to Egypt!
What did the Baptism cert. reveal-church, date, godparents, etc?
longer days are heavenly.
New eaglet at manasquan reservoir.
great news for Spring!

Don said...

I'm not sure if it's the same Margaret O'Dea, but she was the only one baptized in in 1874 in Kilmihil, a village or parish in Co Clare near Lissenair, which is apparently just a region with one or two houses. She (if it was her) was baptized in Kilmihil in 1874 (on Sept 22), and if this is her, her parents are Tom and Bridget (McGrath) O'Dea.

check this: http://kilmihil.com/?page_id=16

The info is really just from a database that the town put together.