Monday, June 27, 2011

Los Alamos Will Burn With You

Morning weigh-in: 185#, 12% BF
 
Item: The Los Alamos National Laboratory is closed today as wildfies sweep the area.
 
Item: Floodwaters broke through the protective dam around Nebraska's Fort Calhoun nuclear plant, luckily in shutdown mode for repairs.
 
Anyway... short weekend, at least it seemed that way. Friday night was pretty quiet, and we got up early on Saturday to get moving on the next phase of the Bread Oven Project: shoveling sand into the backyard, replacing the fence where it had been removed to get the materials in, going out to buy more stuff... Anne did a bit of mixing and filling with insulating earth, and I went out for a towpath ride, which was surprisingly difficult, until I remembered all that shoveling... Saturday night was at the Steelgaarden, helping Amy celebrate her birthday.
 
We slept in a bit on Sunday, then went out and picked up beermaking supplies -- we're making a Sierra Celebration clone. I went out to ride South Mountain while Anne got things started, and I got home in time for the pitching of the yeast. I was totally whooped, surprisingly so until I remembered the day before, but I also think that there's more pollen in the air lately, and it was robbing my wind.
 
I had a strange dream last night: I ran into Brian and was hanging with him. I remember asking him "Hey aren't you dead?" and he sort of waffled on his answer. Sometimes the allergy medicine makes my heart pound in my chest, like last night on the walk to Brew works, and maybe I was thinking about him, and his heart, and mortality. (There was also something disturbing in there about a memorial liqueur distilled from his body parts, but that may have had something to do with his ashes.)
 
Tonight is the towpath, probably with Anne.
 

1 comment:

HMK said...

Just a bad weird dream made up of seveal strong memories & maybe a wory.
Get an annual checkup to ease your mind.
It's good to get dream out of your mind and onto "paper" (blog)
Have fun with new brew & good luck building your outdoor bread oven
Today's a beautiful day!