Monday, February 07, 2011

A Day Of Atonement And Rededication

Morning weigh-in: 184.5#, 14% BF
 
Great time at the Superbowl of Chili yesterday (more here), with Eric, Doug and Lori, and Anne, and Brian there in spirit; unfortunately the weather's been so bad lately we canceled any pre-chili workout -- yesterday was probably nice enough for a short road ride, but the decision had been made during Saturday's freezing rain storm -- and the guilt showed on the scale this morning.  It's been a rest week for me anyway, which could probably be noted on the scale as well, but today starts week one of my "second base month:" tonight is on the trainer (with "power intervals" ie "put it in the highest gear and pedal slowly"), tomorrow is back to the gym, Wednesday is more trainer work, Thursday is a rest (we're seeing Gasland in Allentown), and Friday through Sunday will be either road rides or skiing, depending on conditions.  Well that's the plan as it stands now anyway, before I actually start...
 
Speaking of tightening my belt, I downloaded GNUCash the other day and decided to get my finances in order -- no urgency or danger, it's just something I need to do.  I'm learning how to use it (no big deal so far), and I'm finding -- as I found playing with mapping and GPS, and playing with population growth rates, and video editing, and etc etc etc -- that the tool is nowhere near as important as the content.  I'm the guy who stopped balancing my checkbook after they invented ATM's though, so learning to pay attention and stay on top of my spending documentation (especially the cash-only stuff) may be a bit of a learning curve.
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your photo taken today, I saw her beautiful fininshed sweater. She's so very talented.

You are too, but not with knitting!
Still having bf struggle loading new art pictures.

Euphoria said...

i almost entered the super bowl of chili contest. maybe next year...

Don said...

You'd probably do well Bill, but isn't the Superbowl of Chili just for restaurants?

Euphoria said...

i didnt even know that. hmm maybe i should take jason's idea and open up a chili and smokehouse at the races.