Friday, December 10, 2010

Downtimer

Had the day off, blowing through some vacation time, use-it-or-lose-it mode before the end of the year. Unfortunately I spent the day sick: am right on the cusp of coming down with a cold, that was what all that asthma etc really was, the start of whatever it was that came to a head yesterday. Tons of Emergen-C with vitamin D, and Mucinex-D, and I should be ok in a couple of days but in the meantime I've been totally wiped out. Anne was fighting something the other day, and may be about to get what I have -- she had a rough night. Luckily, we did pretty much nothing all day. (We did get out for a short ride though, just over to the Wegman's for groceries. Only ride of the week for me.)

The Boy Who Kicked Over The Hornet's Nest: All this Julian Assange Swedish eye-spy WikiLeaks brew-ha-ha reminds me of... something...

Barely Ahead Of My Time: Looks like Pychon's Inherent Vice might be made into a movie. Good thing I just finished it.

1 comment:

hmk said...

Sorry you're "under the weather."
Take care not to overdo.

I took a day to regroup & get energy restored but mainly from having fun-parties, trip to NYC etc
But too much of anything exhausts so I slowed down.
Feel much better.
Watching Bob Dylan documentary.
We are enthralled; wish we could relive the time so to be part of that scene.
Just missed by a tad.