Monday, September 14, 2009

The Bash

Well, we're back from the RCST "Bash," four days of camping, biking, partying, and just plain sitting in the rain in the woods...
 
Basic Timeline: Anne and I arrived Thursday afternoon, and spent the evening at the group campfire with the other VMB early birds. Friday was a total washout, a rainy failure of a day, until we turned it around with a surprisingly pleasant ride; the evening chili contest -- I didn't win, again, though the winner was named Don --  segwayed into the now-traditional, and frighteningly successful, Friday Night VMB party, a luau this year. Saturday was still rainy but we did our "big ride" of the weekend, and got back just in time for the BBQ chicken dinner (this was also the night we -- the VMB campsite -- got into a confrontation with our neighbors over our late-night noise); and on Sunday the sun came back out, just in time for the end of the party, though we did get in a nice scenic ride up to the hang glider launch before we left. Back to camp for the last of the packing, and we were out of there by about 2:00. An awesome weekend, despite the rain.
 
(By the way, my big plan of pacing myself, and staying mellow through the luau so I could enjoy -- or at least be alive for -- the Saturday ride, paid off in a big way.)
 
I have pictures which I'll post pretty soon I'm sure; I'm still working my way through the West Virginia stuff so enjoy the recent additions and stay tuned for more...
 
 
 

No comments: