Sunday, August 02, 2009

Doh!!

Back from the Wilderness 101, where fatigue and slow times forced me to bail out at mile 89 (the final checkpoint, only a dozen miles from the finish). Oh well, that was my first DNF ever, and a worthy one it was... Better luck next year, eh?

I went up with a guy named Dave, an acquaintance from Big Bear and local riding, and he rode a smart & fast race, and finished in 11:30 or thereabouts. Other than that, I saw no one else I knew, but it was still a fun party afterward, even if the faster riders drank most of the beer before I could do much damage...

Here's a view of my race.


1 comment:

hmk said...

My hat's off to you for finishing 89 of 101 miles!
That is some remarkable accomplishment.
I guess it was frustrating to get so close, but the ride was still successful.
Next year you'll do it all, I know.
We're very proud & flabbergasted you can do that much (or that anyone other than "Tour de France" guys (& gals ?) can ride like that.
congrats!!!!