Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Some Catching Up

Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 171#, 11.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Friday): 171.5#, 11.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Saturday): 172.5#, 9.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Monday): 172#, 10.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Tuesday): 172#, 10% BF
 
We-he-hell! It's the end of an era, and hopefully the beginning of a better one! I've waited a long time for this day, and it's all happening in real time as I write this.
 
What else is new? Well, the training is not going so well, lots of obstacles like weather, but I finally bit the bullet and set up my indoor trainer. Meantime:
 
Last Tuesday we went for a towpath ride. Me, Anne, and a bunch of VMB people, starting at Sand Island. We got to Riverside Park in Easton, turned around, and when we got to the new boat launch -- wham! -- Anne took a spill on some ice, and sprained her ankle (but that's not what it looked like originally). I managed to get in touch with Eric R, and he came down and got us, then took us to St Luke's Hospital, and then picked up a pizza for us. Hanging out in the emergency room, eating pizza... The X-rays showed nothing broken, it was just a sprain, so we got the usual advice and prescriptions (and crutches), and were home by midnight.
 
Anne was not doing well by the next morning, lots of discomfort and pain, and so she finally broke down and took some ibuprofen. That and some R.I.C.E. and she was feeling a lot better by the afternoon, and has improved steadily ever since.
 
Wednesday I took the morning off to make sure things were OK, then went to yoga after work. Thursday was the gym, followed by some dinner at the Apollo (Anne's belated office Christmas party), and Friday I had off but it was too cold to ride, so I took Langston for a hike at Sals. He hadn't been getting his walks lately and was getting antsy, but he basically slept all day Friday and Saturday...
 
 
Sunday we went to Blue Sky for breakfast, then I took Langston on a bike ride at Sals with Rich and his dog, and Joe and one of his wolf-dogs, and a bunch of other people, while Anne hiked the trails over there. Langston was a bit leery of the wolf-dog (me too), but got on well with Sadie and seemed to enjoy the trails. He slept like a log again Sunday night, too.
 
On the trainer last night, and again tonight while she's at a meeting, then we're going to an inauguration party.
 
By the way, there's some new photos up at flickr.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I hope Anne gets better.
I never took care of my sprain when my foot was accidentally run over and eventually the tendon ripped and I had to get operation.
Long recovery.
I'm glad you took precautions.
Langston is a handsome "Lassie!"
Today was wonderful-watched TV most of day till I had to get my revised article & picture to editor of our paper. It's about a violinist so I'll send you a cop[y for Anne.
I struggle with computer, lose documents (or can't find them) but eventually after many lost hours all was completed.
Lost another doc. ut the search will have to wait till next issue.
I like the actual writing- it's the other stuff that rots!
Hope all is well.
Love M.
Regards from Dad. He helped me a lot & actually retrieved my info from "somewhere."

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was definitely a day for goose bumps and happy tears. It marked the end of a horrible era. I anticipate good things to come, although I realize it will take time. I could definitely feel the love in the Obama family.

Sorry to hear about Anne's ankle. I've experienced one myself...in our driveway. Found myself on crutches and some kind of removeable cast for a while. Wish her well for me.

Okay, so pink may not be YOUR color, but your niece is gonna love that costume. Ya gotta be a girlie girl to love things like that. Men don't understand, but women sure do.

Langston is GORGEOUS! Hope you gave him that biscuit!

Thanks for the pics. I always enjoy them.

Don said...

Don't worry, he gets more biscuits than he needs!