Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Godzilla, Come To Trample Spoorless Your White-Market of Solace

Morning weigh-in: 168.5#, 7.5% BF (wow)
 
Goodbye Norma Jean: On this date in 1962, Marilyn Monroe was found dead in her home.
 
Favorites, Old And New: When Anne's daughter was young, she had a little friend who used to live next door to Judy -- and now he's the author of one of my new favorite webcomics, xkcd. I was just looking at the forums on his site, and found this thread -- though it's a skewed sample, and I can't claim "small world." But those kids are all right...
 
Pictures of Lilly (ba da-da da, da da)
Lilly, O Lilly! (ba da-da da, da da)
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norma Jean died 8/12/62
I was in hospital for 1 /12 weeks one month after Dad & my wedding 7/7/62 and she died when I was hospitalized.

Don said...

Are you sure about that? I found several different sources that say August 5th.

Anonymous said...

I could be wrong- I just realized I was in hospital 12 days, not 10, so maybe that's where the 12 came from.
At any rate, I starkly remember her death & every August my whole experience comes alive around the recall of that one incident- so sad.
She was incredibly beautiful; Dad saw her in person when she was attending a Broadway play and said she was awesome!