Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Crush Groove 2.0

Morning weigh-in: 166.5#, 8% BF
 
"You're late, where ya been? People been asking about you..." -- Willy the Auction Leech
 
Stunning weekend, lotta stuff going on, among other things: an Independence Day picnic (and a ride but I blew it off because of the rain), plus Bethlehem's fireworks show on Friday; yoga and a 40-mile singlespeed ride (featuring bellydancers!) on Saturday; a 25-mile ride in Jim Thorpe on Sunday (featuring a lot of fatigue from the day before, and two guys who are way faster than I am -- ouch!); and a going-away party Sunday night. I could say something about all of this but I'll just expand on one...
 
A Vignette from Last Weekend at Porter's: This was a week ago Friday. A certain person is handing out flyers, and hands me one -- it's an invitation to his "Going-Away Party."
 
ME: Cool, I'll definitely see you there, and where are you going away to?
ACP: Jail.
 
Well alrighty, then... Anyway, cool party, tucked away in the garden behind Connexxions Gallery downtown. I didn't stay long, just stopped in while laundry dried -- ironically, I went there at least partly to check out the band, and they were on break the whole time I was there. Lotta people I knew there though, or half-knew, younger faces from the Porter's crowd.
 
Dinner itself on Sunday was supposed to be at Porter's, like post-laundry; I met Anne there (she was coming from a picnic, and had already eaten), but I sort of lost track of time and their kitchen closed before I ordered. Oh well, there's always Taco Bell, which is probably why that morning weight is so high.
 
Yesterday was catch-up with chores and errands, and I also picked up a new drivetrain for the Turner: cassette, chain, and integrated cranks/BB/chainrings. It was a pretty big hit, but it was long past time for a replacement, especially those cranks. (Tonight will be the towpath/Sals for a test ride.) Dinner was pasta & tuna with wilted greens. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, it was a very domestic evening
 
By the way, some of last night's chores included uploading new pictures from the Chain gang ride/picnic, and as an experiment I also uploaded some video of the ride -- but no more of that unless I ditch dialup. Check em out, yo. I have more pics coming, stuff from this weekend, so stay tuned.
 

No comments: