Monday, June 02, 2008

This Is The Picture

Morning weigh-in: 165#, 9% BF
 
OK, back to "weekend update" mode:
 
Friday night was the towpath. Me, Larry and Brian, down to Sand Island and back, and we ended by listening to "Jazz in Center Square" when we got back to Easton. (Hard to believe we were listening to high school kids, they were really good.) Brian and I went from there to Christian Springs for dinner, where Doug & Lori (also Greg H and Rich) caught up with us after their Jacobsburg ride. Nice crew, and we basically took over the (small) back room.
 
Saturday was rainy, and so it was a rainy day in the woods at Allamuchy -- the trail day did not get cancelled. Pick-and-shovel work, I was filthy and exhausted afterward, so I blew off the Crawfish Festival. I got home, showered and still felt a real need for more grooming, so I got a haircut at Eskandalo. I asked for "short" and -- well, I got it. I have to admit it looks good like this, but then again that's why I go there.
 
My Saturday night was Pearly Bakers, where I checked out the Trouble City All-Stars. Hung with a few friends in the crowd.
 
Yesterday (Sunday) was a much nicer day out. I started the day with an early-morning yoga class, then hit the Quadrant for brunch before riding down to Bethlehem. I met Ann (one of the displaced Which Brew regulars) along Applebutter Road, and we did a pretty serious ride, going north and west before returning to Bethlehem. A good rider and a very interesting woman, among many other things she brews her own beer and even grows her own hops... We hit the Brew Works for a late lunch, got in a few beers & bull before I took off.
 
My total mileage for the day was 45, giving me 105 miles for the week. I am way behind.
 
Reading: I returned to Male Fantasies again, picking it up where I left off at Part 2 (Floods, Bodies, History). So far so good, but that's pretty much what I said about Part 1... Meantime, I also got back into Schulz and Peanuts, for a little sunset reading on the porch.
 
Early bed last night, not long after dark. Came in to work early, probably staying late & calling it a "rest day."
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of high school kids, we watched the Freddy Awards being given out on local tv. Talk about talent!!!! Did us proud to watch kids from Easton, Bethlehem, Wilson, P'burg, etc., sing and dance. Gave me goose bumps. We enjoyed it so much, we ordered a copy of the DVD. All we ever hear about is the bad stuff kids do. This was so refreshing.