Wednesday, May 14, 2008

5:30 Comes Around Pretty Early

Morning weigh-in: 165#, 9% BF
 
Rode last night, 38 miles in just over 2 hours; not counting some backing and filling time we probably had an 18-19 mph average. Me, Joe C, Greg M, Jorge, Scott S and Eric B. Great fun, very competitive ride.
 
More Dispatches From The Stealth Apocalypse: Your house is burning faster.
 
Dinner was at the Christian's Spring Hotel, and unlike the last few times I was basically the only one there. I didn't stick around either, since Joe and I had sampled a post-ride libation (Foundation Brewing's "Devil Dancer" triple IPA, 13% ABV) that nearly put me on the floor -- beyond hoppy, but you could also quite literally taste the alcohol it was so strong; it was like drinking vodka and grapefruit juice.
 
I'm working my way through the menu there (XSpringH), making sure I've tried everything and know my favorites before I revert to just getting the same thing every time... Last night was the beef burrito. Yeah it was good.
 
A-And While We Were Out Fiddling: I really think it's the fungus that will inherit the earth.
 
Anyway, early night. Did a few minutes of computer stuff when I got home, and then it was bedtime -- I've been coming in to work at 7:00 AM, getting up at 5:30 to make it happen, and that gets rough if the evening lasts too long. I'm riding tonight instead of going to yoga, so I did a quick workout while I was waiting for the coffee to be ready, couple of sun salutations and a pose or two, just enough to get the juices flowing. (I think that's a pretty decent morning routine, actually.)

No comments: