Thursday, February 07, 2008

It Is Inevitable. It Has Already Begun.

Morning weigh-in: 166.5#, 11% BF
 
ZOMG he's really doing it: One of the Sadnogons has been has been promising that he'd be crashing this year's Conservative Political Action Conference. Well he's there now; here and here are his first two dispatches. That's a ballsy move, and some seriously high-caliber writing. Oh, and speaking of Asia...
 
Happy New Year! The year of the rat, Wal-Mart's birth sign.
 
Greetings From The Stealth Apocalypse: Not much skiing going on lately, and the riding has been less than optimal too, but maybe they'll both change by the weekend. Just took a lunchtime walk, and it feels like spring already. I'd say greenup is still about a month away though, if it happens at all.
 
I knew it was coming: Work here is busy by the way, as always when the rest of the economy is tanking. We need more people, and the same is true throughout the industry -- I just got headhunted by a former co-worker. I told him I was totally not interested, and if things didn't work out here (after 20 years) I'd be getting out of the industry anyway. That got rid of him for now, but I think this'll start happening with more frequency.
 
Yoga last night, very good class, then salad with homemade honey-mustard dressing, and black beans with Ray's Rad Chilies. Tonight is the charity drinking-bout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pix.
Will comment further later.
Hope all is well.

Don said...

All's well with me! Hope thnigs are good at home too, I will call tomorrow.