Monday, January 28, 2008

A Quick Tour Of Teh Internets

Morning weigh-in: 167.5#, 9.5% BF
 
Oh my goodness, they're talking -- openly! -- about the Shock Doctrine right there on the Op-Ed page! (Via Daily Kos, where I also saw this. Such an innoocent time, seems so far away now. My how time does fly...) Meantime, the Liberal Fascism smackdown continues apace, but the SadNo!-gons step back for the big picture, and it ain't pretty. OK, that's enough of that, I feel stupider already. (My two cents: I think the entire concept is the dumbed-down version, of a deliberate misunderstanding of good old Eric Hoffer.)
 
Juno: here there be spoilers. As per usual, Roy does the best movie reviews. I think I may actually see this movie, even if I now know a bit about how it ends.
 
Meatspace: Got the laundry done last night, with obligatory Porters visit (too late for food, so dinner was Taco Hell) while the stuff dried. Odd conversation, if that's the word, with some guy who spoke earnest and rapid-fire Spanish to me, while I nodded and smiled, and said "No compendre," and "Yo no habla espanol," whenever it seemed like my turn to say something. (I don't think he understood me.) Anyway, I'm a little closer to my new mug. The laundry's done, the decks are cleared, and I can hit the slopes with no worries tonight. It won't be as cold as last Monday, but that's not really a good thing.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!Moab!

Don said...

Hell yeah! It'll be coming up sooner than I think.