Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Trees! Treeeeeeees!!!!!

Morning weigh-in: 176.5#, 11% BF

Weight's still bouncing around between 175 and 179, looks like the problem -- as always -- is diet, so I guess I'll have to re-rededicate myself to losing that weight. Re, re, re, re, re, re, re, re... Last week I rode 220 miles; so far this week my mileage is zero. I'm working on it.

My town is once again an official disaster area, this time from a major thunderstorm which blew through yesterday. Lots of big trees in my neighborhood fell down, like onto houses and power lines; two big ones are down on my block alone and we actually got off easy. Roads closed everywhere, it was like a crazy maze trying to get around all the roadblocks and one-way streets in Wilson. Power was out (for safety reasons I think), and only came back on around 3:00 AM. I decided to skip cooking, went down to Which Brew (natch), where power was also out but they were serving beer, salads & hummus, so that's what I had for dinner. They closed when it got dark.

By the way, fireworks were great for Heritage Day, ditto Mary's "Merritage Day Party," and the 80-mile ride before all that was also great, even if it was stinking hot. My friends and I all seem to be riding well.

No comments: