Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Generic, Day 2

Morning weigh-in: 183.5#, 13# BF

The storm is not so bad (the roads, especially I-78, were maybe a little worse than I expected), but there is hardly anyone at work today. Sheesh...

Svaroopa Yoga last night, only three of us in the class plus the teacher, and I think all the other classes there (Kundalini, belly dancing) might have been canceled because the place was empty. I was going to do a ride, but the temperature dropped below 10 degrees so I bagged it. Finished the Bavarian Pork Chops.

Tonight will be a ride of some kind, and dinner beforehand may be either tempeh stir-fry, or tortellini and a salad, or maybe tuna & wilted greens. Choices, choices... Once the crock pot's cleaned I will be mixing up some chili for the weekend, but that will probably be tomorrow night's task.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonight will be a ride of some kind? Are you serious? Joe's out there snow blowing the driveway! Doesn't look like favorable riding conditions to me. Rent a couple of good movies, make your dinner plate, have a glass of brew or other spirits; and ponder how lucky you are to be warm and safe at home. As the old song goes, baby, it's cold outside!!!!!!

Don said...

I had a comment but it got eaten... basically I want fitness to be there in April/May, so now is when I have to put in the effort. I am in the middle of a training regimen, believe it or not, and the next step, the crucial one, is to start converting strength into speed and endurance -- that means "let's ride!"

Anonymous said...

I know your motivation of training & the exhileration of riding in winter are driving forces, but doesn't the very cold temp. bother your lungs?

Don said...

Not really, and the hard breathing of biking has been the best thing I've ever done for my lungs, though dealing with sinus/post-nasal drip issues did a lot to remove the root cause of my asthma.