Saturday, November 18, 2006

Now It Can Be Told


After The Party
Originally uploaded by donXfive.
I stayed home from work yesterday, stayed in most of today too, waiting for the Verizon repairman. (I've had no landline -- no incoming calls, no dialtone on my regular phone -- for a little more than a week.) I made an appointment for the repairman to come out, earliest possible day was Friday and I'd have to be home when he showed up, sometime between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM. I waited until 4:00 before calling to ask what the story was, and found out they'd cancelled the visit because they ran some kind of test an surmised that the line was OK... Um, thanks for letting me sit around all day waiting, and no it still doesn't work.

They apologized, said someone would be here today -- I insisted it had to be after 2:00, I wasn't sitting around all day again -- and today I got a call at 1:30 saying their workload was too big and they'd have to come another day. I almost bit the woman's head off, let her know just how I felt about that, and sure enough a repairman was here at 4:00. Wires in the house are fine, wires to the house are fine, but at the interface box outside, all the wires have been cut -- not ripped or broken, professionally de-installed.

Turns out, my neighbor had switched to RCN phone service (I found this out later), and RCN sent out some assclown to make the change, which he apparently did by cutting all the connections, then re-connecting my neighbor's line, leaving me disconnected. All's well that ends well, and I thanked the Verizon repairman for helping out, but am now preparing to let RCN know exactly what kind of dipshits I now know them to be.

Long story, short pier: I didn't have internet access at home for a week, now it's back and I have my latest pictures, from both the chili ride and the McSorley's bus trip, posted on Flickr.

No comments: