Friday, November 03, 2006

It Wasn't Raining When Noah Built The Ark

Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 185#, 13.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Friday): 183.5#, 14.5% BF

Good workout in the gym yesterday, not spectacular but very satisfying; I felt like I really hit my target areas (uh, basically everything) hard, and I am starting to see improvement as well. I busted out my good old Cyclist's Training Bible the other day -- that's where this post's title comes from, an inspirational quote to start the chapter on periodization -- and I see that I am doing all the right things right now, to be on track for next summer. All except having fun -- I don't think you're supposed to do that while training, but I'm going on a fun ride tomorrow, too bad.

Home, where more laundry waited to be dried, so out to Which Brew for dinner but kept it reasonable: beer is usually my worst culprit for weight gain, but I only had one mug last night, and balanced it with a salad. Quiet night in there even if it was the Day of the Dead, just a few people at the bar, mostly bartenders on their night off. Nice people, but their conversation was much younger, and more female, than I could relate to (movies I've heard of but didn't bother to see, Madonna vs Debbie Gibson vs Paula Abdul etc), so I just hung out and ate with my mouth shut, so to speak.

Tonight is the towpath, then I have to make chili for tomorrow: it's Beth's 11th Annual Chili Ride and Cook-Off, and I am gunning for at least an honorable mention. Sunday is the bus trip to McSorley's.

No comments: