Monday, October 16, 2006

Look Back In Exhaustion

Morning weigh-in: 181#, 13.5% BF

Well, that was tough! I didn't have much of a race season, but what season I had ended yesterday with the 2nd annual All-A-Muchy race. About 30 miles of technical, rocky singletrack, maybe 5000 feet of climbing, took me a little over 6 hours to finish -- I came in 93rd overall (of 124 starters), which is probably 80th in the open men's division. I was whooped...

It was a great day though, chilly (especially before the sun came up) and breezy, but the trails were dry -- they were in fantastic condition, actually -- and it was nice & sunny for most of the day. Perfect day for riding, an absolute blast.

The rest of the weekend: Friday I walked to Which Brew, then did Porters on the way home (Post Junction in the house), as well as... somewhere else... Great night, I felt the need for a blowout and I sure had one.

Saturday was morning yoga, then over to the Coffee Exchange for breakfast. Laundry, chores, and bike prep took up the rest of the day. Dinner was pizza; bedtime was 7:30.

Sunday's bedtime was also around 7:30, but I am still tired. Rest day today, then "active rest" with a Svaroopa yoga class tomorrow, Chain Gang meeting Wednesday, and either ride or gym Thursday, and whichever one I don't do Thursday I'll get to on Friday. That's the plan, anyway.

No comments: