Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sister Bluebird


Morning weigh-in: 177#, I forgot the body fat

Went in to work a little late today: visiting nurse at 7:30 AM (blood tests, PICC line maintenance takes about an hour), followed by an 11:00 appointment with the surgeon. He looked the incision over and seemed to think it looked OK, and then the nurse took the stitches out. Right now it has a bunch of strips across it, maybe like butterfly bandages. I now have the OK, at least as far as the ankle is concerned, to walk and to do mellow workouts on the stationary bike. (Still can't get dirty/sweaty/wet or do anything strenuous with my upper body, because the PICC line is still there.) Anyway, got all that in in the morning, and got to work by noon.

I've been walking a bit lately, trying to get the legs (and the rest of the body) ready to start getting back in shape. I walked a few miles Saturday (at Allamuchy), then a mile Sunday in my neighborhood, and yesterday I stopped at Merril Creek on the way home, walked maybe a mile, mile and a half. I will be doing the same over there tonight. I might try running a bit, maybe 50 yards or so at a time, slow pace.

UPDATE: Went there after work, walked for an hour, did ~2.5 miles according to the markers along the trail (no running). Ran into a couple who said they saw a bear, but I didn't see anything except deer & rabbits.

No comments: