Friday, March 03, 2006

Where You Been?

Morning weigh-in: 182#, 4.5% BF (um, yeah)

Back to posting, just in time for the weekend after a busy and frustrating week.

Car: The car is still in the shop, which seems to have planning/communications/inventory problems. Hopefully I'll be getting it back tonight, but I thought that yesterday, and also Wednesday, and I took off work Tuesday because I thought I'd be picking it up in the morning (morning comes & goes, car is still not ready & I'm stuck at home), ditto Monday...

It went in for an oil change and inspection, but it needed tires to pass so I had to get tires ordered -- then, I thought they were on the car but found out they hadn't even been ordered yet -- then, while waiting for tires the replacement camshafts arrived, or maybe they didn't, but they're also going in hopefully either today or yesterday or... something...

So, I've been carpooling, and meantime I have not done any shopping/drycleaning/errands for a week.

Skin: It looked like it was really improving, previously damaged areas are almost healed but it took a sudden turn for the worse over the past day or two. I wonder if there is still some irritant driving it -- I stopped my cereal-with-organic-whole-milk-breakfast routine, on the off chance that the milk (from grass-fed cattle) could be the cause: no change. The irritant could be environmental, so I must now start looking around for other possible causes, like new detergents or whatever.

The doctor visit has been postponed, first because of the improvement, then until the car issue resolves itself. By the way, excema is also aggravated by stress...

Work: We are mucho busy here. I am also being trained in some hot new 3D design software -- self-trained actually, which sticks in my craw a little; other people were sent out for several weeks of off-site professional training, which still managed to leave them with their heads spinning. I am supposed to put in an hour or so a day when I have nothing else to do, see if I can dope it out... Well I did pass 8th-grade math, in fact I aced 18th-grade engineering math back in the day, so this should be a piece of cake, and it is some seriously cool stuff.

I think I could use a weekend, in fact, I could use a whole month of them.

No comments: