Friday, December 30, 2005

Pics, No Pics

I'm baaaack! First came Christmas, then a mini-vacation in Vermont, but now my time off is coming to a close...

Christmas was good, spent it with the family down in Englishtown; I just posted my photos at Flickr. Got some good presents, including a couple of unix reference books, must soon start rummaging in the system again.

Meantime, VT: The camera was not happy with the cold, so there are no pictures from Vermont. Had a good time though: arrived Monday night, dinner, XC skied Tuesday, fell a bunch of times (not used to really steep stuff on XC skis), including once where I got the Stubbed Toe From Hell, think I broke my right big toe. I almost took a picture of it back at the hotel: swollen, major bruising with a red outline at the joint -- almost looked like an x-ray, must have been hematoma or blood leaking out of the damaged place, or whatever. Skied on it the rest of the day but it was killing me. Wednesday I hiked/snowshoe'ed, to um, to give the foot a rest (actually it worked). The weather turned warm and rainy yesterday, so I blew off my last day and came home early. So-so vacation, but hey at least I went.

No comments: