Monday, April 25, 2005

Racing Is Fun!

Morning weigh-in: 178.5#, 16.5% BF (body fat: wet feet causing a bad reading?)

So Michaux Maximus was yesterday -- and it friggin' snowed. Only flurrys off and on, no big deal but I had plenty of other problems, ranging from postnasal-drip-induced gagging to a broken rear derailleur cable. Almost dropped out of the race but I avoided the wambulance -- hear it coming? "Waaaaaa!" -- and toughed it out to the finish. Two hours thirty one minutes, 16.6 miles, not my best time (avg speed of 6.6 mph, as opposed to 7.5-8 mph in previous races there), but decent considering I "limped" the last six miles or so. I have never dropped out of a race, ever, but yesterday I came close; what's funny is the race was shorter and easier (I thought) than in previous years, especially the last few miles, luckily for me.

The rest of the weekend was also good, more on that later.

No comments: