Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday, Another Sunny Day

Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 180.5#, 14.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Friday): 179.5#, 16% BF

Good ride last night at Jacobsburg. It was the end of a beautiful day, the trail conditions were primo (well, they were OK, but they were dry), and the place was crowded with riders. I ran into Brian H and Lee S (who was on a singlespeed like me), and we hooked up with a few guys who missed the start of the Blue Mtn Ski Club weekly ride, one of whom is a Which Brew regular -- bonus!

We rolled on, ran into Lance K and his friends, who were riding with Jay DeJ, and finally caught up with the Blue Mountain crew. Kevin H and Laurie (the former club secretary for the VMB) were the only ones I knew, but all were familiar faces. It was like a big bike reunion in the woods, though we were all riding at different speeds so we went our separate ways after a meet-and-greet break.

The Blue Mtn / Which Brew dude tried to talk me into stopping at WB for a post-ride beer, but I'd already been out Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week, so I gave my regrets. Dinner was beans & rice w/ tahini and a little bit of hot sauce.

Tonight is the towpath, then I might just stay in because I'm racing tomorrow. I must get the bike -- I'm racing on the singlespeed! -- and other stuff ready, and I could definitely use the rest (& proper nutrition).

No comments: