Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Pretty Day, viewed from the window

Morning weigh-in: 174.5%, 12.5% BD
 
Rode last night, did the "benchmark" ride. I really need to get a new cycle computer, find out what my actual distance is with this, so I can start using it as a benchmark again.  
 
(This is called "the benchmark ride" because that's how I used to use it: a very well-defined course of about 25 miles, that I could compare day-to-day fitness on by checking my ride times. I started using it back when I lived on Southside, but when I moved I had to change parts of the route so "benchmarking" sort of lapsed, since results were no longer directly comparable. I moved years ago though, so I should just consider the new route the standard, and start over with the benchmarking.)

 
Anyway, my time was 1:25 for probably 24 miles. Not bad, since some of this is city riding (lights, traffic etc). I felt really good, smooth and fast, almost effortless when I got on top of the right gear -- some of those roads have recently been resurfaced.

 
Dinner was the rest of that leftover Chinese food (crispy beef in orange sauce), then after the ride I had some baked stuffed tofu, plus a little saurkraut. Ran around, did some shopping afterward, hit Wal-Mart for velcro tape and played with the blood pressure machine: 121/76, with a pulse rate of 91. Pulse was elevated by riding, I wonder if pressure is the same? I once was 100/60, but my resting heart rate was 52 at the time...
 
This morning I did something I haven't done in a while: got up early and made breakfast. Coffee, oatmeal with blueberries, should do that more often!
 
I pick up the bike today from Bike King, where it was getting some stuff done that I didn't feel like doing myself, I may do a short easy ride to check it out. From the office window, today looks beautiful.
 

No comments: