Thursday, June 10, 2004

Day of the Locust, a Day of Song

Morning weigh-in: 174.5%, 12.5% BF

The heat must have finally got them going: yesterday and today the cicadas were extremely loud near work.

Rode yesterday on my own, did the Hellertown loop but started late so I skipped the Morvale Road "Hill Climb of Death" -- the ride was hilly enough even without it. Funny though, and I can't say whether I'd attribute it to my new gearing or some newfound climbing strength, but this ride doesn't seem so hellishly tough anymore.

Got home, did more laundry including my Camelback, went to laundromat to dry it and had a late dinner at Which Brew -- busted! Theresa was there: I didn't tell her I was going & she didn't tell me, like that commercial where the couple breaks their date (each claiming sickness or something), and then they accidentally meet at a nightclub... To be perfectly honest, I think the "interpersonal compatibility index" between us isn't all that high.
Oh well.

On the Linux front: still messing with NVIDIA & the new kernel, still unsuccessful.


No comments: