Thursday, February 05, 2004

What A Difference A Day Makes

Morning weigh-in: 178.5#, 14.5% body fat

Got up this morning and ran, despite being up late last night. (Well, midnight, late for nowadays.) I felt pretty good, and took a minute off my time: ran my 15 minute route in 14 minutes. If I can get the pace up consistently, I'll add some distance to keep the time at 15 minutes, at least for a few weeks -- I eventually want to go up to 20-30 minutes at least one or two mornings a week. That's a little into the future though.

Work: eh. Interesting day, I guess, cool projects and also John Jackson's 50th birthday. He wasn't happy when he heard that people knew about it, and was even less happy when they threw the "surprise party" ... I wasn't too happy myself, after I ate a slice of that cake. I normally try to only eat fruit, like bananas etc for snacks at work, but had a corn muffin every day this week -- and now this! The horror, the horror...

I may have been the sugar rush from the icing, or yesterday's rest day, but tonight's spin class was pretty awesome. Hard & fast, but I felt good and my heart rate was up there, between 80%-90% of max for almost half the class.

Some computer "housekeeping," a little bike work (brakes, again) then it's bedtime for me. I'll probably run tomorrow morning, but biking may be out of the question: there's a possibility of significant ice on the roads. That, and the cold rain coming down, ought to keep me inside. Yesterday's ride: shoulda, woulda, coulda...

No comments: