Sunday, June 01, 2003

"Daily Spew???" weekly is more like it...

Kind of a quiet weekend, and no riding trips. I helped a friend move on Saturday, and today has just been one long lazy day; we were supposed to do a leisurely road ride, but it was rainy and more importanly, very windy so I basically rolled over and slept until about noon...

Had "brunch" at the Quadrant Coffee House and bookstore, where there was live music (acoustic guitars and banjo, singers taking turns), cheese & bread & fruit, plenty of coffee and a book I selected at random: Mud on the Stars, the (somewhat autibiographical) first novel by William Bradford Huie, the guy who wrote The Fight for Air Power and The Execution of Private Slovik, among others. Very good book, I ended up buying it. Kind of funny because at least part of why I went down there was to see about dumping a lot of my old computer manuals, textbooks etc, not to end up with new books...

No comments: