Friday, February 29, 2008

Activities Checklist

Morning weigh-in: 168#, 8.5% BF
 
Another day, another trip to the gym followed by a birthday party at Which Brew... It was alterna-workout night last night: no legs, but I did run first on the treadmill: 10 minutes, 1.25 miles for an 8 minute average pace (I passed the mile mark at 7:44), or a 7.5 mph average. Not a bad warmup, but for reasons of my own I need that to be more like a 7 minute pace.
 
I didn't get to talk to Lee until the end of the night, he was sitting in with that pickup band of bluegrass enthusiasts, the "Frost Hollow Rounders," that plays there on the last Thursday of the month. Just a bunch of guys, whoever brings an instrument gets up and jams, it's pretty cool. Anyway, beer and conversation with the people sitting next to me; dinner was a "Mini Me" salad with chicken, fairly healthy if you don't count all that mozzarella -- but that's what makes it good! I did manage to give Lee a "Happy Birthday" shout-out as things were winding down, and he told me he's now officially old enough to retire. He looks maybe 10 years older than I am, so I took that to mean he's about 55 rather than 62-63, either that or he's remarkably well preserved...
 
I'm riding the towpath with Larry tonight. The Rabies are playing at the WB and I'll be there, but I'll probably make it an early evening. Tomorrow morning is the VMB ski trip to Blue Mountain and I want to do the morning session, getting there as early as possible so I can split right after lunch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun; there may be fresh snow by the AM

Don said...

Probaably about 4 inches overnight, and another inch falling as we ski. Cool!