Tuesday, February 26, 2008

An Army Of Dorks To Burn The World

Morning weigh-in: 166#, 10% BF
 
"If you truly believed in the Constitution you'd let me build a nuclear reactor in my mom's basement." -- saw it somewhere once
 
Last Night: Went skiing last night, after a bag-o-salad dinner. I got there kind of late, say just before 8:00, and only got in about eight runs before calling it a night. The conditions were OK if not perfect, icy in some areas and slushy in others but generally acceptable, and it was warm enough out that I was skiing with my jacket opened. The place was quiet but not empty, at least not until just before closing. I scrammed around 9:45, about when everyone else did too.
 
Reading: Got back into Male Fantasies, and it seems to be getting more compelling, maybe because the author is getting around to agreeing with me: enough of this red nurse, white nurse, sister/prostitute psychobabble, these guys were basically just dorks, and in a lot of ways they were angry that the proletarian women they encountered, instead of admiring them for the shiny dorkitude they were into, regarded them as the dorks they were. Unfortunately, the dorky thing they were into was weapons.
 
This Night: Hitting the gym tonight, then going to Which Brew for a friend's 30th birthday, former barmaid . I am not the only one in Swan Song Mode, and like in the closing months of Weyerbacher, there will likely be a lot of parties and theme nights at Which Brew.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today is Thursday, Feb. 28. Do you subscribe to The Express-Times? If so, did you read the letter to the editor re the closing of Which Brew, which he closes with:

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools?
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!"

Sent in by Timothy Schwarz. Sounds like he, too, is deeply affected by the news of its closing. I imagine many, many are. What a shame.

Don said...

Just read it online. Yup, what he said, but you have to remember that Tim's an English teacher, and the rest is silence...
By the way, I got an email from Kelly-Jo where she makes the point of saying "we are not closing, we are relocating, and in any event will be where they are now at least until May.

Anonymous said...

Well, that email should lift your spirits!! I'm happy, both for Which Brew and its patrons.

Anonymous said...

Ooops, must have forgotten to type in my name. That was not from anonymous........'twas I, Toni.