Thursday, February 28, 2008

Continuing On My Primrose Path

Morning weigh-in (Wednesday): 169#, 10.5% BF
Morning weigh-in (Thursday): 168#, 10.5% BF
 
So I hit the gym Tuesday night immediately after work, then went directly to Which Brew for Michele's birthday. Pretty cool if low key, just a bunch of peeps hanging out: her present from me was a beer, though many others were more socially adept and got her real presents & cards too. I sat next to her old boss, the Cosmic Cup coffee shop guy (whose name I forget but who bikes), and we talked bikes for a while until he had to abscond.
 
Oops! It was good while it lasted, but I think I put the bullet through my "successfully chatting up the young cuties" streak that night: pretty girl sat next to me at the bar, we got to talking and it was cool to talk to her, especially because she had a really neat laugh. Until... out came the birthday cake and I mentioned that wow, Michele was finally, like, an adult -- my twentysomething conversational partner was gracious enough to roll with it, but that part of the room got a little cooler after that.
 
Speaking Of Kids These Days: Take it away, Roy. Well, he can say it, he's the one with the street cred.
 
Back at the party, I started talking with this guy in the seat to my right. He'd originally relocated from Brooklyn, went to Ft Hamilton HS and I remembered just enough Brooklyn (Cortelyou Road, Holy Cross, Bay Ridge) to keep up my end of that part of the conversation. It was kind of neat, the guy was good at reminiscing. Only downside to the night, other than that it was a school night and I couldn't really let hang too late, was the hit I took next day on the scale. Beer and birthday cake and two kinds of hot wings, sigh.
 
Last night was yoga, where I was the only student in the class, which was pretty neat, individual instruction, but it also felt kind of weird at times. There was no hiding/slacking in the back of the class, luckily the teacher catered things to my needs a bit, and backed off when I started to fade. Dinner afterward was pasta/tuna & wilted greens. (By the way, I posted pics last night of a recent winter walk.)
 
Tonight I'll either be riding Jacobsburg with my friend Joe, or, if he can't make it (he may have to study for a test), I'll just hit the gym. I was going to avoid WB until the weekend, but I got an email that another friend is having a birthday party tonight there, complete with his band playing, so I expect I'll stop in for at least a few minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although all the pics are good, my fav is "A Bend in the River." Very pretty.

Don said...

Yeah I'm kind of partial to that one myself.

Anonymous said...

Great compositions.
All you need are water, trees and weather!
I liked Islet & Inlet and all the Reflection pix.
Many atmospheric shots- all lovely.

Don said...

There's often a pinkish cast to the scenes whenever there's a bright but cloudy snow day; I tried to capture that but it may require HED photography or whatever.

Meantime, I have to agree: one of my favorite things, to see or photograph, is light on water.