Saturday, January 24, 2004

an approaching high tide

...waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Morning weigh-in: 178.5#, 14% body fat

Really cool Harper's, but I went out last night anyway; Joe G was alread on his way to Which Brew so I said I'd meet him there. The place was mobbed, lots & lots of cuties and me with a bulbous red nose... Hung out with Joe and "Two Brew Stu," also talked with Jackie S for a bit, couldn't catch Bill's attention, tell him we're going to Vermont. Not much chance for talking anyway, Three Monks were playing and things were loud. Their sound has really come together.

Anyway speaking of things coming together: every weekend lately has been great, been seeing a lot of great bands, work is good, ditto reading/surfing, I'm losing weight and my body feels like it's firing on all cylinders for the first time in a while (it likes sloth, but does better with something difficult to chew on), things are starting to come together... so when when and how will they all come apart again?

Going to see a movie tonight, In America up at the coffee-house-cum-movie-theater in Stroudsburg. I hope I don't crash on the way...

One more thing: I saw an ad, "Free to Good Home" for a black lab, 5 years old and rescued from an abusive situation (the new owner is moving & can't keep him). I wish I could have a dog.

No comments: