Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Another One Of Those Days

Morning weigh-in: 181#, 13.5% body fat

Yesterday, continued: Got home from work, ate a little something then went to spin class, which I had a lot of trouble getting motivated for, and which may have been a mistake (heart rate wouldn't go very high, felt tired), but it felt good to go anyway, and I really didn't push too hard, so OK whatever. Got home, decided to cook some couscous, and managed to spill an entire box of it on the floor (before you cook it, the stuff is like sand), and it got everywhere...

Today I got up late again. The "earlier rise acclimation plan" isn't really working out; I got up at 6:00, but went back to bed until 7:05. Great dreams though, between the alarm & the actual wake-up: yesterday I was in the apartment building (the narrow one with the lobby and the internal balconies) in dream-Easton, and this morning I was down by a river that looked like the Delaware, but was the Leimgruber's backyard, though it also had a Which Brew logo on one of the trees.

I don't recall thinking of the Leimgrubers in years. Lenny and Joanne, and Jennifer, and Steven. They were our next door neighbors in Englishtown until they moved, and Joanne (the mother) was my mom's best friend. She passed away from brain cancer many years ago. They were younger than my parents, and Joanne kind of treated me as a kid brother; she also gave me old back issues of Scientific American from her real kid brother... Their daughter Jennifer is exactly thirty years younger than my mom, a coincidence that was always good for a few chuckles. (Strangely enough, Brian Hahl's mom also has the same birthday as my mom.)

Anyway, off to the gym. Tomorrow is the first attempt at "early rise plus running," but otherwise it's a rest day because of the Chain Gang meeting.

UPDATE: Blew off the gym tonight.

No comments: