Sunday, January 18, 2004

Recommendo: "The Triplets of Belleville"

Morning weigh-in: 180#, 14% body fat

Saw that movie last night, I highly recommend it if it plays near you. Kind of funny, it started as a "cartoon in a cartoon," and in there were cameo appearances by Django Reinhardt (speak of the devil!) and Josephine Baker... anyway, great movie.

I went riding this morning, over at Jordan Park with Joe, Doug and Eric. We were supposed to meet at 1:00 but it got pushed up to noon. ( I was busy sleeping in when the call came -- doh!) Since it snowed all last night and through this afternoon -- wet, heavy stuff, 6" or more -- the riding was a real workout. It probably would have been frustrating if it wasn't supposed to just be stupid fun, which it was so I had a blast. Then again (and unlike Joe and Doug) my bike functioned flawlessly, no mechanicals. Afterwards I went with Joe and Doug to the Beef Baron, grilled cheese and a Stoudt's Winter Ale.

Next up: I think I'll stop in Porters while laundry is drying, see if anyone's there and if the Eagles game is on (if the game's not already over). And then to bed.

No comments: