Thursday, January 22, 2004

A Lively Meeting

Morning weigh-in: 179.0#, 13% body fat, obsession index approaching 105%

I guess great minds think alike -- or is it just that fools seldom differ?

At our meeting last night, most Chain Gang members opted in to a weight loss challenge we called "lose the flab for Moab," though not everyone is going to Moab this year, and you don't have to be going to join the challenge... Joe & Bob both had scales (we went with Joe's as the official one, after much debate), we paid $10 into a pot and weighed in as well as measured our heights. The formula is this: if your BMI is above 25, your target is the greater of either 95% your current weight, or the weight that gives you a BMI of 25. For those with a BMI below 25, the target weight is 97% of your current weight. (Those with a BMI below 20 were ineligible to participate.)

I'm not sure how you win though. It's either "winner take all" for the first person reaching their target, or the pot is split between all those who reach their targets by a certain date -- say, the meeting before Moab, which would be the March meeting because the trip is in the first week of April. All I really know is that Cindy now has my $10.

Things got pretty raucus as we all weighed in, checked our heights, and then made up a spreadsheet with the data and our target weights. Really, just one of several lively things at the meeting; I think the year is off to a good start.

So anyway, I got up this morning and ran, same time as yesterday but I ran a little further, which is good but I wanted to have the same pace and take longer... Took a spin class after work, then was dinner, now blogging and soon to bed. Tomorrow night I'm riding the towpath, then Three Monks are playing at Which Brew, & I want to make the most of my night out since I don't think there'll be too many more, at least until I win my money back...

No comments: