Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I Love A Happy Ending


Mia cuts her chemo lines
Originally uploaded by Julie Cotton.
Whew!

Man I know that feeling, how good it felt when the PICC line came out, even if mine was just for an infection... I ran across a picture of this girl a year or so ago, and it really affected me, especially after I saw she had a relapse. It took me this long to look again, but she's been in remission for more than a year now.

Every life can be long and scary, maybe she can never say she's out of the woods but for now she's got her life back. If you want a roller coaster ride go check out her grandmother's photos; you have to read between the lines but it's an amazing story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love a happy ending (an expression I use all the time). What a tear jerker this is. I hope Mia's happy ending lasts 90 years.